Friday, October 23, 2009

Creation

I've been going out to the Farmington Bay Wildlife Management Area (a state owned and managed wildlife refuge in Utah) for about 3 years.  It is a diamond sitting so close to the freeway and population centers, yet visited mainly by a few bird watchers and a lot of duck and geese hunters during the hunting season.  It enables access to over 17,000 acres of wetlands that provide the migrating wildlife a place to stop and rest, eat, have and raise their young in peace and safety.
As you visit any place regularly (and I'm normally only there about once per week, and I know there are others there much more often), you see the sameness and the differences in wildlife and the refuge itself.  I've been feeling the desire to keep a journal of what I have seen as my memory lacks much as a recall machine!  Perhaps this blog can act as a journal; I'd like to include pictures and comments from others that visit the refuge as space permits.  I've seen many people taking pictures with some pretty large lenses so I know that they must have a few good wildlife pictures.
Let's see how it goes.  Contact me if you wish to be included or share something about the refuge - gerrytj@mac.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment